Do you have a craving for pie for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Our Full English Breakfast Pie is the right answer for this problem!
Craving? English Breakfast In A Pie!
6 rashers streaky bacon
6 small hard boiled eggs
300g hash browns
1 egg for egg wash
150g mushroom, finely diced
1/2 onion, finely diced
2 sticks thyme
500g plain flour
100ml ice water
- Blitz the flour and butter together in a food processor until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Blitz until the pastry begins to form a ball with the addition of the water. Chill for 30 minutes after removing from refrigerator and shaping into a ball.
- Cook the mushrooms in the butter and thyme until the liquid has gone and the mushrooms are reasonably dry, then remove them from the pan and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the hash browns until they are coarsely diced.
- Remove the meat from the casings by slicing them in half and removing the skins.
- Roll the remaining pastry into a circle and set aside the reserved third. Line a deep 6-inch springform pan or a cake tin with a removable bottom with this icing.
- Cooked mushrooms and whole-boiled eggs go in last before the hash browns are placed on top of the sausage mixture.
- Using an egg wash and crimping the edges, attach the pastry cover to the top of the pie.
- Using pastry forms, decorate the cover and bake for 90 minutes at 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice and serve the pie when it has cooled for 15 minutes in the pan.